Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)

This visa is for senior or specialist employees who want to come to the UK to work in their overseas employer’s UK branch. Applicants will have to have worked for their overseas employer for a cumulative period of 12 months.

What are the requirements for the Senior or Specialist Worker visa?

Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)

You will need a valid CoS from your employer who must be a licenced sponsor. The CoS will need to detail the job that you are required to do and the salary, as well as the start date which should be no more than 3 months after the date of application.

Do an eligible job at a required skill level

You will need to do a role that is on the Home Office list of eligible occupations at the required minimum skill level which is at least RQF Level 6.

Salary requirement

Each occupation on the eligible list has its own minimum salary requirements known as “going rates.” Applicants must earn an annual income of £42,400 or the “going rate” for the role, whichever is higher. The going rates can be found on the Home Office list of going rates for eligible occupations.

Financial requirement

In order to meet the financial requirement, applicants must have at least £1270 of funds, unless they have been in the UK for at least 12 months, then they will not need to meet this requirement.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Senior or Specialist Worker visa?

In order to apply for the Senior or Specialist Worker visa, you will need to provide a certificate of sponsorship, proof of savings, a TB test (if required) and evidence of working for the overseas employer including payslips and bank statements.

How much does it cost?

The visa application costs between £625 to £1,423 depending on the length of the visa and the healthcare surcharge payment is £624 per year.

How long can you stay on this visa?

You will be able to stay on the Senior or Specialist Worker visa for the time outlined on the CoS or up to 5 years, whichever is shorter. This visa does not directly lead to settlement.

What can you do on this visa?

On this visa, you can work, study and volunteer. You can also bring your partner and children as your dependants.