Service Supplier visa (Global Business Mobility)

The Service Supplier visa is for those who have a contract to provide services to a UK company as an employee service provider for an overseas company or as a self-employed professional.

Employee service suppliers must be working under a contract that is covered by a valid international trade agreement and must have worked for the overseas employer for at least 12 months. Self-employed individuals will need to have 12 months of professional experience too.

 What are the requirements for the Service Supplier visa?

Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)

In order to be eligible for this visa, you will need a valid CoS from your employer who must be a licenced sponsor for the UK.

Do an eligible job at a required skill level

You will need to do a role that is on the Home Office list of eligible occupations at the required minimum skill level which is at least RQF Level 6.

If you are doing a role that is not on the list of eligible occupations, you may still be able to apply for the visa if you have relevant work experience and qualifications.

In terms of qualifications, you will need either a bachelor’s degree or higher in any subject or an equivalent qualification. In addition, you will need 3 years of professional experience for the service you provide, or 6 years of experience working in the service if you are self-employed. Some services have different requirements.

Salary requirement

There is no salary requirement for the Service Supplier visa.

Financial requirement

In order to meet the financial requirement, applicants must have at least £1270 in funds which they have held for 28 days. If applicants are applying from within the UK, they will not need to meet this requirement if they have been in the UK for 12 months.

Which documents do I need to apply for the Service Supplier visa?

In order to apply for the Service Supplier visa, you will need to provide a certificate of sponsorship, proof of savings, a TB test (if required) and evidence of working for your overseas employer such as payslips and bank statements.

If you are self-employed, you will need to provide evidence of working in the service sector through invoices, business accounts, business statements and business marketing material for instance.

How much does it cost?

The Service Supplier visa application costs £259 and the healthcare surcharge payment is £624 per year.

How long can you stay on this visa?

Applicants can stay for 6 or 12 months depending on the work required, whichever is shorter. The amount of time you can stay on this visa is dependent upon the type of trade agreement.

What can you do on this visa?

On this visa, you can work, study and volunteer. You can also bring your partner and children as your dependants.

Please contact us for any guidance or advice on this visa route.