The UK’s stricter quarantine rules
In a continuing effort to control the spread of COVID-19 and its variants, the UK continues to impose to travel and quarantine restrictions. The government has now published a list of jobs that qualify for travel exemptions which also defines those who have travelled through or visited countries on the “Red List”.
For others, travel corridors remain suspended unless you are coming in from Ireland. Anyone entering the UK from countries not on the “red list” is subject to restrictions such as:
- Provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken 3 days prior to arrival
- Complete a passenger locator form
- Quarantine in a government approved hotel which includes a coronavirus test on day 2 and day 8.
Travellers with valid UK residence rights are exempt from the “red list” travel rules. This includes those with valid:
- Indefinite leave to remain
- Limited leave to enter or remain e.g. students or workers (but not visitors)
- Settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme
Please contact us for further information and details on jobs that qualify for travel exemptions.